1. Not knowing your competition.
Every business has a competition, and as a business you must know your competition in order to keep up with the trends. Knowing your competition does not mean you have to follow them, rather for you to set your own trend and bring out far more quality products and services than your competitions.
2. Too much self- promotion.
Bombarding your customers with too much promotion of your products and services might be a wrong path to follow especially as a new business. It is preferable to offer free value to your customers first before you can sell to them. Offer them value first and they will buy from you willingly.
3. Setting unrealistic goals. When you set unrealistic goals, it becomes an expection and this is not good for business. Setting unrealistic goals is primarily for business that is focused on making money. Making money should not be your main goal in business, but to add value. When your goal is to add value to your customers, you hardly set unrealistic goals. So focus on adding value and the money will come.
4. Presence in all social media platform: This probably will not do your business any good, as it makes your business look desperate in search of customers. What you should do is to leverage on the channels that are relevant to your business and maximise it's full potential.
- you can’t go wrong with these resume templates
- Common mistakes to avoid when writing your resume
- 17 minimalist resume and cover letter templates for freshers
- 5 smart ways to boost your professional development.
- Level up your life in just 3 months
5. Not Strategising.
Planning, implementation and execution of your business strategies go hand in hand. For your business to be successful, you have to plan it out,implement the plans and most importantly execute the plans. Execution is the action itself. The whole plans without execution is simply a waste of time.
6. Not checking for grammatical errors: This will probably harm your business, when you do not check for grammatical errors in your business write ups and documents, it makes you appear immature to your customers and they will avoid you like a plague. You should check and cross-check your business write ups before you click the publish button.
7. Not measuring your Efforts:
As you already know, efforts are contagious, when you are putting in the efforts, you will know and you will see results. However not all your Efforts will yield a positive result,and that is why you should constantly measure your Efforts and strategies to see the ones that are working and the ones that are not. It is now left for you to make changes accordingly.
8. No interaction with Customers: The customers are the reason you are in business, thus the customer is the king, and customer feedback should be valued above all other things. You should always have a feedback loop as it will help you adjust to your customers' needs appropriately.
Leave a Reply